CALL FOR POETRY SUBMISSIONS: FloriDaDa, A NEW FLORIDA-INSPIRED ANTHOLOGY
Deadline: Midnight, August 1, 2008.
FloriDaDa is seeking submissions to represent the current state of poetry in, and inspired by, Florida. We're seeking unusual or experimental poetry related to this subject.
We hope to publish FloriDaDa with Rock Press as a book-length paperback in the fall of 2008. Funds are quite limited for this project, so a waiver of permission fees would be appreciated. We intend for this to be the first volume in an occasional series of collections that will give respected poets a chance to lead the way for writers and readers involved with Florida as a creative crucible.
There will be four categories for submissions:
1. Natives (poets actually born here)
2. Transplants (poets who moved here)
3. Passing Through (visitors or people who once lived here who have written poetry about Florida)
4. Snow Bards (part-time residents)
Send up to 5 poems in a single word document to Floridada@gmail.com
Put your name and email address on every piece.
In the subject heading of the email, state the category you are submitting to, which means either Native, Transplant, Passing Through, or Snow Bards
In the body of the email, include a bio of no more than 100 words.
Please also sign the attached document and send it to:
Richard Ryal, P.O. Box 770925, Coral Springs, FL 33077-0925
In signing the attached document, you warrant that you are the sole owner of the rights granted and that your material does not infringe upon the copyrights or other rights of anyone. If you do not control these rights, we ask that you submit another piece to which you possess sole rights.
Laura McDermott and Richard Ryal
co-editors FloriDaDa Rock Press, Fall 2008
This Agreement is entered into between the editors of FloriDada, Rock Press and _______________ (the “author”) on the ________day of ____________ 2008.
1. Author has submitted for publication by Rock Press works titled _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________, (hereinafter, “the work”). Author represents that this is original work, created by him/her, that he/she is the exclusive holder of the copyright in the work, and that the work does not infringe any legal rights or interests belonging to any third party. Author further represents that the work has not previously been published in any medium.
2. Rock Press is interested in publishing the work and, subject to change, currently expects to do so in the anthology FloriDaDa. Author acknowledges that he/she will not receive payment from Rock Press or the editors of FloriDaDa for the publication of the work. Author grants permission to Rock Press and the editors of FloriDaDa to edit or modify the work for the sake of clarity or to address space needs.
3. Author grants Rock Press an exclusive, royalty-free license to publish and reproduce the work in the print anthology FloriDaDa, and any other electronic or web site publications associated with the anthology from the date of this agreement until the 90th day following the first publication of the work in the print version of FloriDaDa. Following the 90-day exclusivity period, author grants Rock Press a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to publish and reproduce author’s submitted work in FloriDaDa’s print and electronic or web site publications associated with the anthology or compilation. Author also grants Rock Press the right in perpetuity to authorize third-party on-line databases that reprint Rock Press materials to publish and reproduce the work.
4. In creating or furnishing the work, author shall be acting as an independent contractor and not as an agent or employee of Rock Press or the editors FloriDaDa. Any associate or assistant that author may retain in connection with the work shall be at author’s own expense and will not, in any event, be or be deemed to be an agent or employee of Rock Press or the editors of FloriDaDa.
5. Author agrees that he/she will include, in any republication that the author arranges, an acknowledgement that the work initially appeared in FloriDaDa.
Rock Press _________________________________________________________