In 1949, Jerome Brooke was born in Evansville, Indiana. He is currently the editor of the Isles of Myst Review. He has also written a varied collection of poetry books such as Dancer of Luzon (January 1999), Dark Sea of Sulu (January 1999), High Priestess (January 1999), Mirage: Dance of the Sun (January 1999), Our Lady of Silk (January 1999), Parade (January 1999), Hunters of Stone (January 2000), Lance of the Sun (January 2000), and Babylon (January 2001). These poetry books, as well as other books by this author, are available for purchase on Amazon.com.
Currently, he has put out a call for an editor for an eZine produced by The Isles Poetry Group. According to information he has posted about this opportunity, “the position is unpaid, but with income potential.”
If you are interested in applying for the position, or would like more information about it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thanks to Astarte Immortal for sharing this call. Reprinted from the Examiner.com.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Nothing No One Nowhere
Nothing No On Nowhere will be published quarterly in print edition and will be edited by Amelia Hoff. Submissions will close on December 1st, 2010 or when the issue is full. These are the general guidelines:
- You may submit up to five pieces of poetry or short prose/flash fiction or up to the total of 5 pages.
- Short stories, fiction, plays, and interviews may be submitted with a length of up to 10 pages.
- Reviews maybe submitted with a length up to 2 pages per review.
- Public Forum/Polemics- This is a segment of the magazine dedicate to allowing the voice of public concern, thought or question to be expressed. Community to world wide, this space is open for your truth.
- Art maybe sent in .jpeg format. Do not send .zip or like format. You may send a minimum of 4 images and up to 10 images. The work you submit may not previously appear in any print or internet media.
Please do not send genre writing: science fiction, fantasy, etc.
If there is a format of writing you wish to submit not included above, you may contact and inquire.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT SIMULTANEOUS SUBMISSIONS.
YOU MAY SUBMIT PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED WORK, however, they must be older than one year from the publication date of the Nothing No One Nowhere issue you wish your work to appear in.
- Please include publishing history in your cover letter.
- Please indicate what type of writing you are submitting (i.e. fiction, short story, public forum, etc.)
- There may be up to a three month waiting period; please consider this when submitting.
- Submissions must be marked: Nothing No One Nowhere Submission or NNN-submission
- Please include your mailing address and a bio spit not to exceed three lines.
- All submissions should be sent by e-mail in the body of the draft to: email@example.com .
There is no payment for publication in Nothing No One Nowhere, though we are hoping to provide monetary compensation to our contributors in the future. However, any creator featured in Nothing No One Nowhere will receive one contributors copy.
* * *Advertise in Nothing No One Nowhere
We will reserve a limited amount of retail space for you to advertise your latest work or your business. All adds must be black and white or grayscale. Ads must be sent in .jpeg format or .gif format and must be print ready. We use laser printers so the detail of your ad will display. These are the ad rates:
Whole Page: Height 7.88” Width 5” $60
Half Page Square: Height 5” Width 3.88” $40
Quarter Page Tall: Height 3.88” Width 2.5” $20
Quarter Page Long: Height 2” Width 5” $20
1/8 Page Square: Height 2” Width 2.5” $10
We will design your ad for $10.00 for 1/8 Size through Half Page Size ads and $20 for whole page ads.
Payment options may be discussed in correspondence.
Mark your email: NNN-ad
Ad inclusion ends December 1, 2010. No exceptions.
All correspondence for Nothing No One Nowhere must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Virgogray (Est. 2004) is an independent publisher operating out of Texas. We specialize in poetry chapbooks and anthologies. Visit us at http://www.facebook.com/virgograypress Please look around, get to know us and if you'd like, submit something for publication.