Dear Pulse Readers,
You may submit up to three poems for consideration;
- Each poem may be up to two pages in length (but shorter is perfectly fine!);
- The subject matter should be related to illness experiences and/or healthcare;
- We welcome submissions from patients, family members, students and health professionals;
- We prefer poems depicting personal events; and
- Most of all, we want good poems that help us understand illness, health and everything in between.
When you're ready to submit a poem, please review and follow our Submission Guidelines carefully. This will allow us to consider your submission blindly--that is, without the reviewer knowing who the poet is--something we insist upon.
We look forward to receiving and reading your submissions!
With warm regards,
Judy Schaefer RNC, MA and Johanna Shapiro PhD
PULSE: Voices from the Heart of Medicine