Artists are often known to “sing for their supper” – but next weekend, dozens of poets will read to help pay for someone else’s.
writes E. Assata Wright, Hudson Reporter staff writer. To read her entire article "Words Against Hunger: Area Poets to Raise Money for Needy" which appeared Sunday June 6th, click here: http://hudsonreporter.com/bookmark/7809040
It’s an opportunity to…hear some fine poets from various regions of the state. – David Messineo, PHANfest organizer and Editor of Sensations Magazine.
The event takes place
SUNDAY, JUNE 13, 2010, 12 noon – 5 p. m.
at the Secaucus Public Library and Business Resource Center,
1379 Paterson Plank Road, Secaucus, NJ.
Readings will be held in the Panasonic Room. There is a suggested donation of $10 to benefit NJ Food Banks.
Confirmed Participants will each have display tables and two readers.
* Anhinga Books - Jack Kreuter
* Cherry Blossom Press - Anthony Buccino
* Cup & Chaucer Bookstore - Marina Kramer (used books related to poetry)
* The Idiom Magazine - Mark Baird
* Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction - Gordon VanGelder
* Marymark Press - Mark Sonnenfeld
* North Jersey Literary Series (Beyond The Rift Anthology) - Paul Nash & Denise la Neve
* North River Review ("Presses of the Past") -Melanie Pimont
* Poets Wear Prada Press (poetry chapbooks) - Roxanne Hoffman
* Sensations Magazine - David Messineo
* Snake Hill Press - David Messineo
* Thunderclap! Magazine and Thunderclap Press - Amanda Deo
* Watchung Booksellers - Marina Cramer (new poetry books)
For more details: http://centclub.webs.com/phanfest1.htm