June 28, 2010 (Opening Reception)
Submission Deadline: May 31, 2010
This summer Poets House invites you to celebrate the 2010 Poets House Showcase, a festival of the art unlike any other—where all of this year's new books, from publishers large and small across America, will be on display. Now that we are in our new home on the banks of the Hudson River, the Showcase will fill Kray Hall, and the voices of poets and audiences will spill out into the park. This year marks the first of a new summer festival of poetry. Please join us by making your new books a part of it.
Opening on June 28, 2010, the Showcase will be on view throughout the month of July, including all of the year's new poetry and poetry-related books, chapbooks, and multimedia titles published in the United States. Over 2,000 books were in last year's exhibit, representing close to 600 publishers—commercial, university, independent, small, and micro-presses.
Inclusion in the Showcase is entirely FREE. To participate, please email email@example.com to let us know of your interest in participating in the Showcase and then send us review copies of your latest poetry books. The 2010 Showcase will include all poetry and poetry-related titles (volumes by individual authors, anthologies, chapbooks, biographies, critical studies, essay collections, CDs, DVDs, etc.) published since April 2009.
- Books are organized by publisher and displayed face-forward, offering free publicity not only for your latest titles but for your press as well.
- Exposure to national prize and library acquisition committees.
- Free listings in our online Directory of American Poetry Books, the country's most complete bibliographic resource for contemporary poetry books.
After the Showcase, all titles are incorporated into Poets House's 50,000-volume, noncirculating poetry library.
To ensure your new books are included:
- Please send an email to maggie[at]poetshouse[dot]org to let us know which books you will be sending no later than May 15, 2010.
- Send two copies of each book to Poets House as soon as they are available. All books must be received by May 31 , 2010 to ensure a spot in the display.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Maggie Balistreri, Librarian
10 River Terrace
New York NY 10282